Have you ever thought about taking on a challenge for a great cause? Look no further than joining Team OMF on 21 May!
OMF is reaching out to supporters to run 10K in celebration of Great Manchester Run’s 20th year and to support the charity’s music education work for children in Manchester. Whether you’re a novice or regular runner, this is a great opportunity to be a part of the city’s biggest running event, with team spirit in your heart.
This is a run like no other, with a vibrant city centre start and finish and a running route that takes you past the most spectacular sights Manchester has to offer. The event is known for its buzzing atmosphere, multiple music and entertainment zones, and the incredible support of people on the streets. Don’t worry, the course is flat and perfect for runners of all abilities and is open to anyone aged 15+.
Securing your place
Running with Team OMF is free as we will support your entry with a commitment to raise a £150 minimum sponsorship target. OMF will support you every step of the way with help setting up your online fundraising page, an OMF branded T-shirt, and a fantastic group of runners and supporters on the day.
Simply sign up here: OMF takes on Manchester 10K | Expression of Interest (office.com). Please register by 23rd April to secure your place.
Why join team OMF?
We believe everyone should be given the opportunity to participate and find joy in music, no matter their background or circumstances. Joining us in the Great Manchester Run means that you are part of the team helping us to continue the amazing work we do across Manchester- such as providing music lessons for children on free school meals, and creating community choirs for diverse women and school children. Although this is a challenging event, it will be a team effort from start to finish, with lots of fun along the way! Your support means the world to us.
How will your sponsorship help us?
- £19 can provide a 30-minute 1-1 instrumental lesson for a child on free school meals.
- £38 can run a 1-hour group instrumental lesson for up to four children
- £50 supports a 1-hour rehearsal for our Children’s Voices, Youth Voices or Voices of Hope Choir.
- £100 provides half a day of music workshops for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
- £175 can give an entire term (10 weeks) of weekly instrumental lessons to a child on free-school meals.
- £250 can facilitate a workshop between children on free school meals and some of the best professional chamber musicians in the UK.
- £500 can run an entire term (10 weeks) of Children's Voices, Youth Voices or Voices of Hope rehearsals.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about this event or want more information, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org