It's safe to say that 2019 was another mighty year for the OMF. But amongst numerous music lessons, workshops and performances at the RNCM, Chethams, the Whitworth Art Gallery and many more, we have been planning away and we are delighted to share our plans for 2020!
- Launch an all new series of movement and music workshops at St John Vianney Special Needs School led by Ali Mac and Ben Sayah (Live Music Now), movement artist Shelley Smith and Tom Barber (musician and teaching assistant at St John Vianney) for children with Special Educational Needs.
- Launch Multi-musical Manchester, a 3 year collaborative project with the University of Manchester which will collect and catalogue music from diverse migrant communities living in Manchester alongside oral histories of the people they belong to.
- Women's Voices will return to Longsight Library for mother-tongue language day in February with a series of exciting songs, followed by a performance at the People's History Museum in March based around the theme of Modern Femininity.
- Our Maingot Violin Scholars will take their ABRSM Initial Exams in March and continue to collaborate with Chetham's School of Music.
- Children's Voices will perform Mary Poppins at the Whitworth Art Gallery in April, before teaming up with Afrobeat group Agbeko to write their own songs and perform together at the People's History Museum in July.
- We are excited to start working with photographer Karen Rangely to capture the vibrancy of our many projects.
- We have BIG plans for the 5th anniversary of the OMF in September 2020, so watch this space...!